Last week I was in Miami for NAHREP’s Entre Familia event. It was a big success and after a full day of real estate skills training, I had the chance to talk about the upcoming NAHREP at L’ATTITUDE event. I expressed to the group that some people come to NAHREP to acquire new skills and relationships that can lead to more business for themselves – which is great, but others come for business – plus the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than themselves – something that can change the world.
L’ATTITUDE was created to change the narrative about the U.S. Latino Community. The event brings together some of the most influential people in business, entertainment, and politics. International business executive Sol Trujillo and I founded the event, and NAHREP provides critical operational and marketing support. Our inaugural event in 2018 brought together CEOs, entertainers, journalists, and thought leaders. Even J-Lo made a surprise appearance. This year’s event will take place at the Grand Hyatt in Downtown San Diego, in tandem with the NAHREP National Convention, on September 26-29. Below is a list of committed speakers and performers. L’ATTITUDE is the culmination of a lifetime of work for both Sol and I. Welcome to America’s New Mainstream! I invite you to join us in San Diego. You can register at nahrep.org/convention.
- Marc Benioff, Chairman and Co-CEO, Salesforce
- Oscar Munoz, CEO, United Airlines
- Mary Dillion, CEO, Ulta Beauty
- Mary Mack, Senior Executive Vice President and Head of Consumer Banking, Wells Fargo
- Emilio Estefan, 19-time Grammy Award-winning Producer
- Zoe Saldana, Actor and Entrepreneur
- William Lewis, CEO, Dow Jones and Publisher, The Wall Street Journal
- Tom Nides, Managing Director and Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley
- Eugenio Derbez, Filmmaker, Actor and Partner, 3Pas Studios
- Cesar Conde, Chairman, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises and NBCUniversal International Group
- Carlos M. Gutierrez, Co-Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Ana Navarro, GOP Strategist and CNN Commentator
- Tony Gonzalez, Pro Football Hall of Famer and Fox NFL Analyst
- Maria Teresa Kumar, President and CEO, Voto Latino
- Robert Rodriguez, Filmmaker and Entrepreneur
- Pat Grady, Partner, Sequoia Capital
- Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO, AT&T Business
- Guillermo Diaz Jr., SVP of Customer Transformation, Cisco
- Ralph De La Vega, Founder and Chairman, De La Vega Group
- David Stockman, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget
- Al R. Cardenas, Attorney and Political Strategist
- Mike B. Fernandez, Immigrant, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
- Luis Fonsi, Songwriter/Performer
- Ben Odell, President, 3Pas Studios
- The Cast of the New Terminator Movie
About a year ago, I was convinced by some of my closest friends that I should do a podcast. Today it seems like everyone has a podcast, and frankly, 99% of them aren’t very good. I wasn’t sure I could do much better, but I realized I do have some ideas that some people have found interesting in the past.
The decision to invite President Barack Obama to the NAHREP Policy Conference last Spring was a decision I made with the NAHREP National Board. Anytime we have a political figure of that stature at one of our events, we know it will stimulate a lot of buzz among our members and stakeholders.
L’ATTITUDE 2022 is less than two weeks away. This year’s event includes a concert at Rady Shell; the coolest new concert venue in America according to Forbes magazine. The concert is in partnership with La Musica, and will feature music superstars, Juanes and Farukko.